Autumn Flower & Vegetable Show
Saturday 11th September 2021
Little Paxton Village Hall/QEII Playing Field
2pm - 5pm
Free admission - Refreshments available
Autumn Flower & Vegetable Show Rules 2021 (PDF, 87 Kb)
Autumn Flower & Vegetable Show Programme 2021 (PDF, 371 Kb)
Children's Tallest Sunflower Competition 2021 Entry Form (PDF, 120 Kb)
National Lottery Awards for All
National Lottery Awards for All Community Fund has generously awarded £1150 for Autumn Flower & Vegetable Show 2021 event.
Thank you National Lottery Players for your support.
There will be a one way system around the exhibits in Little Paxton village hall. Face coverings will also be required inside the hall. Some exhibits will be outside on the QEII Playing Field.
Hand sanitiser will be available.
If you have any Covid symptoms, please do not attend our event.
Best in Show Gold, Best in Show Silver & Best in Show Bronze for Fruit, Flower & Vegetables classes.
Best in Show- Home Produce and prizes for the Children's classes. The trophy winners will be announced at 4.30pm and awarded on the playing field.
Fruit & Vegetable Classes
All entry forms to be delivered to Little Paxton Parish Council ,11 Hayling Avenue, Little Paxton PE19 6HG by Wednesday 8th September 5pm.
Free registration. Email registration accepted.
One entry form per person. One entry per class per person.
Exhibits to be staged in the Village Hall between 10.30am – 12.30pm and removed between 5pm—5.30pm.
Show Secretary : Mrs J Gellatly
On the day entries will be accepted subject to space available. All entries will be judged by 2pm.
1st, 2nd & 3rd placing for each class.
The show will be open to the public 2pm—5pm.
1. Six raspberries- with stalks
2. Six apples
3. Six pears
4. Six potatoes
5. Three carrots – long
6. Three carrots – stump
7. Six coloured carrots (not orange)
8. Six spring onions
9. Two lettuces
10. Two cauliflowers
11. Ten broad beans
12. Four onions
13. Two cabbages
14. Six beetroot
15. Four courgettes
16. Two cucumbers
17. Four tomatoes
18. One Butternut squash
19. One weird pumpkin
20. Two gourds
21. Six runner beans
22. A selection of three peppers
23. A selection of three chillies
24. The heaviest vegetable
25. The longest runner bean
26. A vegetable selection, a display of any of five from classes 1-23
27. A selection of 5 fresh herbs in a jam jar
28. Best wonky vegetable
29. Basket of vegetables
30. Miniature scarecrow
31. Miniature Aunt Sally
32. One pot plant flowering
33. One patio planter
34. Five dahlias in a vase
35. A vase of cut garden flowers – mixed
36. A vase of cut garden flowers- one variety
37. One scented bloom
38. One rose
39. Floral arrangement 'Something Different' – maximum width 24'' (60cm)
40. One miniature arrangement- maximum size 9''(23cm) height, width & depth
41. Floral display in a welly boot
42. Floral display in a teapot
43. Let's go green- a display of green plants/foliage
45. A decorated flower pot
46. An animal made from vegetables and/or fruit
47. A monster made from vegetables and/or fruit
48. Best drawing/painting of a Butterfly
49. Miniature fairy garden
50. A tray bake
51. Four brownies
52. Four cookies
53. Four decorated cupcakes
54. Four decorated gingerbread people
Home Produce Class
55.Four small decorated cakes
56. Four muffins
57. Four Scones
58. Six cookies
59. Four shortbread
60. One Victoria Sandwich
61. One chocolate cake
62. One carrot cake
63. One apple pie
64. One quiche
65. A jar of home made chutney
66. A jar of home-made jam
67. A jar of home-made marmalade
68. A jar of honey
69. Homemade flavoured gin
70. One bottle of beer- non lager
71. One bottle of wine or cordial- alcoholic