Autumn Flower & Vegetable Show
The 2020 Show will be held on Saturday 12th September 2020 2pm - 5pm. More information to follow.
Saturday 14th September 2019
Little Paxton Village Hall
2pm - 5pm
Free admission - Refreshments available
All entry forms to be delivered to Little Paxton Parish Council ,11 Hayling Avenue, Little Paxton PE19 6HG by 13th September 5pm.
Free registration. Email registration accepted.
One entry form per person. One entry per class per person.
Exhibits to be staged in the Village Hall between 10.30am – 12.30pm and removed between 5pm—5.30pm.
On the day entries will be accepted subject to space available.
All entries will be judged by 2pm.
1st, 2nd & 3rd placing for each class.
Best in Show Perry Stentiford Trophy– announced at 4.30pm.
Show Secretary : Mrs J Gellatly
The show will be open to the public 2pm—5pm.
Fruit & Vegetable Classes
1. Six blueberries- with stalks
2. Six raspberries- with stalks
3. Six plums
4. Six apples
5. Three carrots – long
6. Three carrots – stump
7. Three coloured carrots (not orange)
8. Ten shallots
9. Ten spring onions
10. Six radishes
11. Two lettuces
12. Two cauliflowers
13. Ten pods of peas
14. Four onions
15. Two cabbages
16. Six beetroot
17. Four courgettes
18. Two cucumbers
19. Four tomatoes
20. One marrow
21. One Butternut squash
22. Six runner beans
23. A selection of three peppers
24. A selection of three chillies
25. The heaviest vegetable
26. The longest runner bean
27. A vegetable selection, a display of any of five from classes 1-24
28. A selection of 5 fresh herbs in a jam jar
29. Best wonky vegetable
30. One pot plant flowering
31. One patio planter
32. One hanging basket
33. Five dahlias in a vase
34. A vase of cut garden flowers – mixed
35. A vase of cut garden flowers- one variety
36. One scented bloom
37. One rose
38. Floral arrangement theme- '125 year Celebration' maximum 24'') 60cm wide
39. One miniature arrangement - maximum size 6'' (15cm) height, width & depth
40. An animal made from vegetables
41. Four brownies
42. Four cookies
43. Best picture of items grown in the garden
Home Produce Class
44.Four small decorated cakes
45. Four muffins
46. Four Scones
47. Six biscuits
48. One fruit tart
49. Home made sweets
50. A large bread loaf or bread rolls
51. A jar of home made chutney
52. A jar of home made jam
53. A jar of home made marmalade
54. A jar of honey
55. One bottle of beer- larger
56. One bottle of beer- non larger
57. One bottle of wine or cordial- alcoholic
58. One bottle of wine or cordial – non alcoholic