Paxfest & Fun Dog Show
Visit the Paxfest Facebook page here.
Saturday 13th July 2019
12 noon- 4.45pm
QEII Playing Field
Paxfest is the annual village fete which takes place on second Saturday in July.
Come along to a FREE afternoon of family fun.
Lots of stalls - BBQ, Beer tent, refreshments, games. Connections Bus and musical entertainment.
The Paxfest Committee will meet in September to start organising Paxfest 2019.
Fun Dog Show Classes 2018
The Fun Dog Show will start at 1pm. There will be a 30 min break in the Fun Dog Show at 3pm. There has been a change to some of the dog classes- some new ones have been added. Registration is on the day and is £1.50 per dog per class.
On the day there will be a dog measuring chart for Small, Medium and Large Dogs to help owners decide which class best suits their dogs.
At the request of a resident, there has been an additional class added to the Fun Dog Show. Class 15 will be Best senior (age 7 +) dog/bitch.
There is no restriction on the number of classes a dog can enter. The winner of each class has entry to the Championship Class.
1. Children's Handling (14 years and under) – Sponsor Pampurred Paws
2. Puppies under 1 year- Sponsor The Anchor
3. Best Rescue or Re Homed Dog – Sponsor Kingfisher Independent Funeral Services
4. Best Rescue or Re Homed Bitch - Sponsor Osborne Appointments
5. Best small dog/bitch – Sponsor Arthur Ibbett Ltd
6. Dog or bitch most like its owner - Sponsor Pampurred Paws
7. Best Cross-Bred Dog – Sponsor Hire or Buy Group Ltd
8. Best Cross-Bred Bitch - Sponsor Ibex Camping
9. Best medium size dog/bitch- Sponsor Multisigns
10. Most Handsome Dog – Sponsor Martin Hill Dog Photography
11. Prettiest Bitch - Sponsor Ibex Camping
12. Best handbag dog/bitch - Sponsor by Arthur Ibbett Ltd
13. Best large dog/bitch- Sponsor Tim Neill Gardens
14. Dog Agility - Sponsor Osborne Appointments
15. Best senior (age 7 +) dog/bitch- Sponsor Your Dog's Life
16. Championship (winners of each class) - Sponsor by Vets4Pets
Cake Competition 2018
The cake competition will be back with a 'Garden' theme. The children's competition will be to decorate cup cakes (minimum 6) with a garden theme.
All cakes to be edible. No fresh cream to be used. Entry and payment on the day. Cakes to be delivered to Little Paxton Village Hall between 10.30m and 11.30am.
All competition cakes will be cut up and everyone offered a slice of cake.
Lots of great prizes including a cake shield trophy.
1st Prize Children's Cup Cakes
2nd Prize Children's Cup Cakes
3rd Prize Children's Cup Cakes
1st Prize Adults Garden Cakes
2nd Prize Adults Garden Cakes
3rd Prize Adults Garden Cakes
New for Paxfest 2018 is a 'Flowers in a Jam Jar' competition. Bring along a jam jar with a floral display. Entry on the day £1 adults, 50p children. The Chairman of the Little Paxton Gardening Club will judge the competition. Great prizes.
Little Paxton Rocks 2018
CAR PARKING 2018
Concerns have been raised regarding parking in the village hall car park on Paxfest day. Passes will now be issued for village hall car parking spaces with each pass having an allocated parking space- this will be mainly for entertainers and musicians for the event.
Stallholders will be issued with a pass to park on the QEII Playing field.
There will be NO public parking in the village hall car park.
The Paxfest Committee would like to encourage residents to leave their cars at home and walk/cycle or scoot to the event.
If you are visiting Little Paxton for Paxfest, please park on streets near the High Street (not on street corners).
Paxfest 2018 Acknowledgements
Paxfest is organised by Little Paxton Parish Council and the Council wishes to thank the following organisations who have provided donations and prizes to make the event successful.
Thank you to CHS Group for a donation of £184 for the Crafty Parties Face Painter. Face painting inside the Village Hall will be free.
Thank you to Tesco Stores plc (St. Neots), TL Cobbold, The Co-operative Funeral Care (St Neots), Osborne Appointments, Posy Bowl, The Steamer Cook Shop, Waitrose (St. Neots), J. Webb Haulage for donating prizes to the cake competition and flowers in a jam jar competition.